In order for schools to move into Term 2, the Ministry of Education has planned a multi – pronged approach to ensure that all children can learn in some way or another at home. This is either through the use of devices, hard copy packs which can be posted to the home or a new educational channel which will be set up on TV. More information can be found on the Ministry of Education Learning from Home site. Please note that the Ministry of Education will be distributing support on a needs basis, starting with devices to secondary students studying NCEA who do not have access to a device and hard copy materials to students who have no access to the internet.
We have requested devices for students that do not have access to devices – however the first priority is for NCEA students.
We have requested Ministry learning packs for every one of our students – again this is not guarantee
(Chris Hipkins – press release 8/4https://www.beehive.govt.nz/
For those of you that are finding it a bit difficult at the present time in relation to food for your families here are some places that could help …
1. Auckland City Mission Foodbank – If you need a food parcel call ACM 09 303 9266 and speak to the Crisis Care team. You will then be given a time to collect from ACM distribution centre at 15 Auburn Street, off Boston road in Grafton. Everyone must take ID with them.
2. Salvation army food parcels – Contact the Mt Wellington Salvation Army Community Ministry 09 379 7615 – or their local Salvation Army Community Ministry (ring 0800 53 00 00 to find your local ministry). You will be given a time to collect your food parcel.
3. Presbyterian Support Northern – Call 09 309 2054 to arrange a pick up at 8 Madeira Lane, Grafton. Strictly no walk-ins and collections are strictly between 11-12am Mon-Fri.
4. St Vincent De Paul in Newton Branch – Call 09 815 6122 or email – Auckland@stvinnies.co.nz and they can deliver a food parcel.
5. Nga Whare Waatea Marae – Open Mon-Fri, 10am-2pm. Head to the Marae at 31 Calthorp Close, Mangere with ID. Wait in car and staff will get to each person one at a time, asking relevant questions as needed.
6. Papakura Marae Foodbank – Open Mon-Fri 10am-2.30pm, 09 297 2036. Please phone to request a food parcel, someone will ring you back to do a phone interview, then food will be delivered. Only deliveries to Papakura and Manurewa areas currently.
7. Orakei Foodbank – Call 521 5712 and leave message on voicemail with details of how many in family etc. Parcels are only delivered on Tuesdays and Fridays to Orakei, Kohi and Mission Bay.
8. St Marks Church in Pakuranga are still open but only focusing on those in Pakuranga . You can contact them directly via their contact page on their website or emailing email@example.com
9. Hills Church on Hillsborough Road can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org Please provide details on your needs and they will do their best to provide a food parcel. Hills Church has also offered to go shopping for those that cannot leave home due to self-isolation if needed.
10. Auckland City Council initiative. Anyone who meets the government’s eligibility criteria will be couriered a welfare parcel containing items such as dry goods including pasta and rice, tinned vegetables and meats and basic toiletries. https://ourauckland.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/articles/news/2020/03/council-staff-deployed-to-assist-government/
Please access these places if you are needing some help
Kia ora all
Just to remind you that today is the first day of the 2 week school holidays and our schools on line learning programme will start on Wednesday 15 April … during the next two weeks keep safe and stay self isolated in your bubbles and if you need some activities for your child or children to do then please access our STAYCATION page on the school School Website.
During the holidays our amazing staff will be working hard to create our online learning programme so that it will be accessible for all our students … the Government has a plan for devices and internet for those that don’t have them and so over the coming weeks they will let us know how they will deliver this to you before the start of our online learning.
Please email me if you have any questions about this and I will do my best to answer them email@example.com.
Much love and prayers